IVETS supports Veterans, the military-connected community, and their families at the University of Iowa as they navigate their educational paths.
Located on the second floor of Calvin Hall, IVETS provides a wide range of services to our students in the Veteran and Military-Connected (VMC) community at the University of Iowa. Stop in for free black and white printing in our computer lab or to hang out and grab coffee in our student lounge. Our staff can help you with:
- Using your educational benefits through the VA and DOD
- Transitioning from the military or civilian life to the University of Iowa through our Veteran Peer Mentoring program and Strategies for Veteran Success course offered each semester
- Academic support in the form of free tutoring services and programs throughout the year
- Finding and applying to scholarships
- Career advising
- Student employment; work in the IVETS office through VA work study!
In addition to these services, we proudly host the Veteran Innovation Series, bringing inspiring veterans to speak to the University of Iowa community and providing a venue to showcase our graduate and professional students in the VMC.
Looking for Information?
IVETS provides a number of resources, including those for tutoring, military-friendly classes, scholarships, graduate school, job materials, peer mentoring, and more.
What am I eligible for?
There are many benefits available for members of the VMC community.
Navigating these benefits and deciding which ones apply to you can be frustrating, but we are here to help! We have a dedicated staff trained to work with you and simplify the process.