Student Benefits In-State Tuition

U.S. Veterans and current members of the U.S. military may be eligible for the in-state tuition assessment. The In-State tuition policies apply to all educational levels. Students receiving in-state tuition must remain continuously enrolled to continue receiving the benefit. New and re-entering students must meet the policy criteria current at the time of admission or re-entry to be eligible to receive the in-state tuition benefit. 

Documentation of eligibility is required, and should be submitted as soon as possible prior to the beginning of the term for which you are requesting in-state tuition to facilitate correct assessment of tuition, scholarships, grants, and financial aid. Documentation requirements can be found on the pages specific to the groups listed above.

Documentation will be accepted through the last day of the term for which you are requesting in-state tuition. In-state tuition will not be granted retroactively for previous terms. 

Most students will notice a positive change in being assessed in-state tuition. However, assessment of in-state tuition may impact your financial aid, scholarships or grants. For more information, please speak with the appropriate contact below.

Non-resident students who are not eligible for in-state tuition based on military affiliation may gain Iowa residency by completing the 12-month residency process. For more information on gaining Iowa residency, visit the Resident Classification webpage.