National Veterans TEE Tournament (NVTT)
Monday, September 9, 2013 - 8:00am to Friday, September 13, 2013 - 5:00pm
- A golf and bowling rehabilitation program for Veterans who are legally blind, amputees, those who use wheelchairs and Veterans with other disabilities. The National Veterans TEE Tournament (NVTT) uses a therapeutic format to promote rehabilitation, fellowship and camaraderie among its participants.
- September 9-13, 2013
- Events will take place in the Iowa City area, Blue Top Ridge, Lake McBride and Colonial Lanes
- Participation is open to U.S. military Veterans with visual impairments, amputations, traumatic brain injuries, psychological trauma, certain neurological conditions, spinal cord injuries and other disabilities, who receive care in any Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health care facility.
- The event provides legally blind Veterans and those with other disabilities an opportunity to participate in a therapeutic golfing event as well as other sports activities. By participating, Veterans are able to develop new skills and strengthen their self-esteem.
- Presented by
- The Department of Veterans Affairs
- Hosted by
- The Iowa City VA Medical Center, with support from community volunteers.
- Kirt Sickels, NVTT Director, (319) 358-5963.
Blue Top Ridge
3184 Hwy 22 Riverside Casino and Golf Resort52327 Riverside , IA